Kitasoo Band Council – Administration Clerk
Submit a typed Cover Letter & Resume to Melody Robinson, Kitasoo Band Council Human Resource Officer, at Kitasoo Band Council Administrative Office or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15, 2018 12:00pm Applicants will be contacted for interview.
Position Summary: In addition to the duties as are specified in the Operations Manual relating to the within job description, an Administration Clerk provides the services of a clerk, typist, secretary, receptionist and accounting clerk or any combination thereof, depending upon the circumstances and needs of the First Nation at the time and as directed by the Office Manager from time to time.
Duties Include: Notwithstanding the above general duties, an Administration Clerk has the following job responsibilities:
As a Clerk, Typist, Secretary, Receptionist and Accounting Clerk
- Is a member of a support services team, providing support and clerical, secretarial, receptionist and accounting support services to the First Nation;
- Provide clerical, typist, secretary, receptionist and accounting support services and without restricting the generality of the foregoing, including mail, reception duties (telephone and greeting), delivery and receipt of merchandise, typing, filing, cheque requisitions, payables, receivables, operation of office and computer equipment together with computer software programs relating to word processing, file management, internal email and accounting system;
- Perform minute taking for Kitasoo Band Council meetings, public meeting and business functions including ensuring agenda is prepared prior to meetings and minutes are recorded and handled in a timely matter;
- File accounting documents based on instruction or request;
- Place purchase orders based on program manager’s request;
- Responsible for accommodations including bookings, receipt of payment, providing receipts for payments and communicating with the custodian for cleaning services of accommodations;
- Responsible for bookings of the boardroom and house of the wolves, including receipt of payment, providing receipts for payment when applicable and communicating with the custodian for cleaning services of the meeting rooms;
- Perform all aspects of e-deposits, including responsible for receiving cheques, proper security of cheques and ensuring all are recorded and handled in a timely matter;
- Perform handling of cash including proper cash security, proper counting, trading of cash and ensuring all are recorded and handled in a timely matter;
- Responsible for receiving all payments to band entities including housing, internet, rent and hydro payments, providing receipts and ensuring all are recorded and handled in a timely matter;
- Responsible for receiving rental payment for use of the community hall including cash and ensuring all are recorded and handled in a timely matter;
- Assist with newsletters, community postings and office announcements;
- Assist with office supplies orders including ensuring order is fulfilled and arrangements for delivery of supplies;
- Comply with the provisions of the Operations Manual;
- Carry out the instructions of the Office Manager and Finance Officer that are relevant to the position and as provided from time to time;
- Encourage and foster a team spirit within the First Nation office and operations in general;
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct as contained in the Operations Manual;
- In the event the Office Manager assigns the Administration Clerk to work exclusively in a particular Department/Program, the Administration Clerk will take instructions from the Manager or Coordinator in charge of such Department/Program, until further notice from the Office Manager.
- A minimum grade 12 or equivalent with preference of special training in administration or accounting clerk services;
- Demonstrate proficiency in typing;
- Computer literate with some basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and in particular Microsoft Word and accounting software;
- Familiar with office machines including photocopier, fax machines, phone system and other office equipment;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.