Gain valuable skills while working in beautiful Kitasoo Xai'xais Territory!
Title: Swamper / Labourer
Job Type: Full-time Contract
Application Deadline: June 16, 2023
Contract Duration: June 26, 2023 – Dec. 31, 2023
Nootka Road Construction Ltd. is currently seeking a dedicated and hardworking individual to join our road construction crew as a full-time Swamper/Labourer. This is your chance to be part of a dynamic team working within the beautiful Kitasoo Xai’xais Territory!
- Perform general labour tasks to assist the road construction crew
- Execute odd jobs around the camp as required
- Operate machinery, with training provided by the company
- Ensure compliance with safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Obtain a Level I First Aid ticket with Transportation Endorsement (training and sponsorship provided by Nootka Road Construction Ltd)
Qualifications and Skills
- Physically capable of performing labour-intensive tasks for extended periods
- Ability to follow directions and work independently when required
- Eagerness to learn and develop new skills, particularly surrounding machinery operation
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and commitment to safety
Working Hours and Compensation
- Average workday consists of 12 hours per day
- Shifts follow a schedule of 14 days on, 7 days off
- Competitive pay rate at $27.00 per hour
To apply, please submit your resume along with a brief cover letter outlining your interest and suitability for the position to DaveJepson@capfor.ca or fill out an application at the Kitasoo Development Corporation office.