Indian Status

Indian Status

Indian Status cards can be issued or renewed at the Kitasoo Xai’xais Nation Office. You will need 2 of the following pieces of identification:

  • Birth Certificate
  • British Columbia ID
  • Drivers License
  • Current Status Card if it hasn’t been expired for more than 6 months
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate


Report lost & stolen status cards to your local RCMP immediately, after which you will receive a file number.

Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce

This department also handles the records of births, deaths, marriages, and divorces in the community. Parents of newborn babies need to fill out a large form birth certificate to have your child registered under the Kitasoo band. The reports of marriages/divorces, band transfers are also handled through this department.

Contact Indian Registry Administrators:

Melody Robinson 250-839-1255 ext. 208


Lorraine Robinson 250-839-1255 ext. 206