Kitasoo Xai’xais Stewardship Field Technician
The Kitasoo Xai’xais Stewardship Field Technician will assist with and support various Resource Stewardship research and monitoring initiatives and field programs.
- Supervisor: KXSA Director (or designate)
- Term: July 27th, 2022, to October 31st, 2022
- Status: Casual
- Application deadline: July 26th, 2022
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in active research and monitoring projects with (and not limited to): supporting First Nations knowledge holders, technical staff within the Nation’s Stewardship Department, and external partners within the territory;
- Contribute to on-going multi-Nation collaborative research among Central Coast Nations, CCIRA staff and outside partners;
- Coordinate with the collective work undertaken by the Nation in other stewardship programs;
- Where required, support KX stewardship research and monitoring activities; and
- Assist with various office and field tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Work will be conducted at the KXSA office and throughout the territory.
- Hours may be irregular and include long days, evenings, and weekends.
- Must adhere to KXSA policies and the policies and Code of Conduct in the Band Operations Manual.
- Field work can be physically demanding and will take place in all weather conditions.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Ability to cooperate and work in a team setting.
- Interest and commitment to learning about Kitasoo Xai’xais stewardship.
- Training will be provided. Previous work experience outside is an asset.
Salary and Benefits: based on relevant experience; includes benefits and standard holidays.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter detailing relevant experience and references, to the front desk at Stewardship: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm Tuesday, July 26, 2022.