Boat Rental Needed for Limb Picking and Shore survey
Updated: July 7, 2022
Opportunity: Boat Rental Needed
Job Type: Temporary
Application Deadline: July 15th
Start Date: Week of July 18th
Kitasoo Forest Company is looking to rent a suitable boat such as a Herring Punt or similar stable vessel, to perform limb picking and shore surveys after recent heli logging on Pooley and Roderick Islands.
The vessel will be operating in Griffin Passage so operators will be knowledgeable of currents and safe procedures when working in current.
- Vessel must be stable and able to carry two workers and approximately 500 lbs of weight should any debris be found,
- Vessel and outboard or engine must be in good mechanical condition.
- All safety equipment must be in place such as:
- Flares and a working radio for communication
- Sound device such as a small airhorn.
- Ideally it would be equipped with a depth sounder but not mandatory.
- Life Jackets
- Hand pump
- Self bailing device (bucket)
- Anchor complete with 100ft of chain or rope anchor line
- Owner must be agreeable to workers operating the boat if the workers are not the owner. Operators will have a small craft operators certificate.
- KFC will provide necessary fuel and oil for the vessel.
$300 per day (8 hrs) all found except fuel and oil.
If you are interested and have a boat that meets the above requirements, please drop off a letter to Isaiah in the Development Corporation office by July 15th. Work will start the following week.
If you have any other questions or need further clarification, please call Dave Jepsen at Capacity Forest Management 250 287 2120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.