Employment Opportunity: Limb Pickers
Kitasoo Forest Company is currently hiring two limb-picking crews to collect harvest debris for the upcoming Surf Inlet forestry project. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to gain forestry experience. The position will involve working outdoors in a team setting to collect and remove limbs and other debris from the project area. Successful candidates must work safely and efficiently, hold a valid SVOP certification, and be comfortable working and living in a remote location during 5-day shifts.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a typed resume and a letter of interest to the Kitasoo Development Corporation office or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 22nd, 2023. We thank all those who apply. Those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Title: Limb Picking
Type: Short-term contract
Positions Available: 4 (2 people on 2 alternating crews)
Start Date: First or second week of March 2023
The limb-picking crew will be required to follow safe operating procedures while collecting and disposing of harvest debris and will report directly to Vancouver Island Helicopters (VIH). They will communicate a daily plan and conduct scheduled radio checks. Kitasoo Forest Company will provide the crews with a suitable boat and all proper safety equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Removing harvest debris such as branches and small cut ends
- Disposing of debris onto beach location above the high tide line
- Daily boat maintenance – Check oil daily & report any issues with the boat to the supervisor immediately
- Worksite coordination with the prime contractor – delineating safe work zones for crew
- Participation in prime contractor safety meetings
- Crews will be required to stay in camp during 5-day shifts. Accommodations will be provided.
- SVOP license to operate the boat
- If it is a business applying for the contract – worker compensation in good standing
- 2 people in boat (safety)
- Safety Plan (Emergency Response)
- 6-8 hours (weather dependent) at the worksite (5&5 work shifts)
- Radios – communication with foreman & helicopters – will be provided
- Daily oil checks & boat maintenance
Kitasoo Forest Company will provide a suitable boat for collecting harvest debris and all necessary safety gear.
Please submit a typed resume and a letter of interest to the Kitasoo Development Corporation office or by email to: email@example.com by February 22nd, 2023. Applicants will be contacted for an interview.