Kitasoo Forest Company is currently hiring two limb picking crews to collect harvest debris for the upcoming Surf Inlet forestry project. This is a great opportunity for those looking to gain experience in the forestry industry. The position will involve working outdoors in a team setting to collect and remove limbs and other debris from the project area. Successful candidates must be able to work safely and efficiently, and must be comfortable working and living in a remote location during 5 day shifts. If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all those who apply. Those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Title: Limb Picking
Type: Short-term contract
Positions Available: 2 crews (2 people per crew)
Start Date: TBA
The limb picking crew will be required to follow safe operating procedures while collecting and disposing of harvest debris and will report directly to Vancouver Island Helicopters (VIH). They will communicate a daily plan and conduct scheduled radio checks. Kitasoo Forest Company will provide the crews with a suitable boat and all proper safety equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Removing harvest debris such as branches and small cut ends
- Disposing of debris onto beach location above the high tide line
- Worksite coordination with the Prime Contractor – delineating safe work zones for crew
- Participation in Prime Contractor Safety meetings
- Crews will be required to stay in camp during 5-day shifts. Accommodations will be provided.
- SVOP license
- If it is a business applying for the contract – worker compensation in good standing
- 2 people in boat (safety)
- Safety Plan (Emergency Response)
- 6-8 hours (weather dependent) at the worksite (5&5 work shifts)
- Radios – communication with foreman & helicopters – will be provided
Kitasoo Forest Company will provide a suitable boat for collecting harvest debris and all necessary safety gear.
Please submit a typed resume and a letter of interest to the Kitasoo Development Corporation office or by email to: email@example.com by October 14th, 2022. Applicants will be contacted for an interview.