This is your chance to be a part of sustainable forest management!
Title: Tree Planter
Job Type: Full-time Contract
Application Deadline: June 1st, 2023
Contract Duration: Estimate: June 7, 2023 – July 5, 2023
Capacity Forest Management is currently seeking a passionate and dedicated individual to join our team as a Tree Planter for our upcoming spring tree planting operations in the Surf Inlet area on Kitasoo Xai’xais’ Forest License. We are committed to sustainable forest management and to leaving a positive impact on the environment and the communities we work with.
As a Tree Planter, you will be tasked with working in rugged terrain within remote access areas to plant seedlings starting in Spring 2023.
- Planting tree seedlings in designated areas
- Ensuring high-quality planting standards are met
- Maintaining accurate records of planting progress
- Adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Living and working with the tree-planting contractor and crew for the duration of the contract
Qualifications and Skills
- No prior tree planting experience required.
- Familiarity with manual labour and outdoor work is an asset
- Capacity to adapt to changing weather and terrain conditions
- Strong work ethic
Equipment and Gear
- If you possess planting bags, shovels, caulk boots, hard hats, and high-vis clothing, please indicate this in your application
- Equipment will be provided by the company at no cost if you do not have it
Working Hours and Compensation
- Average workday consists of 10 hours per day
- Shifts follow a schedule of 3 days on, 1 day off
- Pay rate is $200/day
If you are interested, please leave your name with Bob Johnson at Capacity Forest Management 250 287 2120 office or 250 830 7263 cell or at email@example.com. Please leave your contact information, your planting experience and references, phone number, cell, and e-mail address and we will contact you. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!