Restart Plan – Step 1
In response to The Province of British Columbia’s Restart plan announcement, the following changes have been made on our COVID-19 restrictions in Klemtu. The reopening plan is as follows :
- Community based restrictions will revert to match the Provincial Restart Plan announced on May 25, 2021. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
- Outdoor personal gatherings up to 10 people
- Indoor personal gatherings up to 5 people or 1 other household
- Examples of a personal gathering include having friends over to your house or meeting up with friends at a park.
- Outdoor seated organized gatherings up to 50 people with a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Indoor seated organized gatherings up to 10 people with a COVID-19 Safety Plan
- Work with faith-based leaders to bring back in-person worship services
- Examples of an organized gathering include wedding ceremonies or funerals.
- Recreational travel within your travel region allowed
- Non-essential travel between travel regions continues to be restricted
- Indoor and outdoor dining for groups up to 6 people (not restricted to your household or bubble)
Offices and workplace:
- Start a gradual return to workplaces
- Employers must continue to have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and daily health check in place
Sports and exercise:
- Indoor low intensity group exercise allowed with limited capacity
- Outdoor games and practices for both adults and youth group/team sports allowed
- No spectators at any indoor or outdoor sport activities
- Travel precautions have been removed for Community Members and Residents.
- Members and Residents currently under Self-Monitoring are no longer required to do so, but are required to wear masks and physical distancing must still be used while indoors or when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Restrictions will remain in place for essential workers, masks and physical distancing must still be used while indoors or when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All businesses retain the right to have COVID-19 controls in place for customers and workers protection, those policies are set by each business, not the EOC or BCCDC. So do not throw your mask away – you’ll need them for any travel, and may need them in local businesses.
- Kitasoo is still closed to all non-essential travel, travelers must complete application prior to entering the territory.
We would like to remind everyone to:
- Wear a mask and maintain physical distancing whenever possible
- Stay home if you feel sick
- Seek medical advice and testing should you experience any signs and symptoms
The earliest the Province will move into Step 2 of the Restart plan is June 15, 2021, please standby for further updates.
If you have any questions and or concerns, please contact the Health Centre at (250) 839-1221 or the Emergency Operations Centre (778)913-9712.