Restart Plan - Step 3
In response to The Province of British Columbia’s Restart plan Step 3 announcement, the following changes have been made on our COVID-19 restrictions in Klemtu. The reopening plan is as follows :
- Community based restrictions will continue to match the Provincial Restart Plan Step 3 announced on July 1, 2021. https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
- Return to normal for indoor and outdoor personal gatherings
- Indoor organized gatherings 50 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- Outdoor organized gatherings 5,000 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- No capacity limits or restrictions on religious gatherings and worship services
- Fairs, festivals and trade shows return to normal with a communicable disease pla
- Canada-wide recreational travel
Restaurants, bars, pubs and nightclubs
- No group limits for indoor and outdoor dining, events allowed
- Return to normal liquor service hours
- No socializing between tables, no dancing
- Reduced capacity
- Gaming stations can operate at approximately 50% capacity across the sector
Offices and workplace:
- Continued return to the workplace
- Seminars and bigger meetings allowed
Sports and exercise:
- All indoor fitness classes allowed, normal capacity
- Gyms and recreation facilities, normal capacity
- Outdoor spectators 5,000 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- Indoor spectators 50 people or 50% capacity, whichever is greater
- Travel precautions have been removed for Community Members and Residents
- Kitasoo is now open for travel, for all that are double vaccinated. To those who are not vaccinated, we ask that you self-monitor, wear a mask and social distance when necessary.
- All businesses retain the right to have COVID-19 controls in place for customers and workers protection; those policies are set by each business, and not the BCCDC. So do not throw your mask away – you’ll need them for any travel, and may need them in local businesses.
- The Kitasoo Emergency Operations Centre has been dissolved effective immediately. People traveling into community are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to check-in prior to entry.
- The Nation’s State of Emergency has been rescinded effective immediately.
We would like to remind everyone to:
– Wear a mask and maintain physical distancing whenever possible
– Stay home if you feel sick
– Seek medical advice and testing should you experience any signs and symptoms
The earliest the Province will move into Step 4 of the Restart plan is September 7, 2021, please standby for further updates.
If you have any questions and or concerns, please contact the Health Centre at (250) 839-1221.