Posted: October 4, 2018/October 30, 2018
Job posting: Community Facilitator
Employer: Kitasoo/Xai’xais Stewardship Authority
Hours: 3-5 days/week
Summary of duties: The community facilitator will work with KSXA and West Coast Environmental Law to research and plan Community Food Fish Areas.
The community facilitator will assist in gathering information about Kitasoo/Xai’xais laws, customs, and traditional uses related to specific marine areas. He or she will assist in the scheduling of interviews, community meetings, and research and writing. Most of the work is conducted by computer, so reasonable computer experience is required for this position, including typing, spelling, reading, and use of the Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Learning to use the Cultural Heritage Database for research
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with community members
- Organizing and hosting community workshops
- Working with KXSA staff to support marine planning related to Food Fish Areas
- Attending two (~1 week) learning retreats outside of Klemtu
- Computer knowledge (typing)
- Dependability and commitment to working in a team environment
- Ability to work independently and within the community
- Desire to improve KXX access to resources and marine governance
Duration: This position is for part-time or full-time office-hours work, from late October 2018 to late September 2019. Days, hours, and end dates are flexible.
Application: Please apply by Monday, November 5, 2018 12:00pm with 1) Cover Letter and 2) Resumé to Melody Robinson, Kitasoo Band Council Human Resource Officer at the Kitasoo Band Office. Applicants will be contacted for interview.