Updated: July 7th, 202
Job Opportunity: Limb picking crew
Job Type: Temporary
Application Deadline: July 15th
Start Date: Week of July 18th
Kitasoo Forest Company is looking to hire two people for a 1 week opportunity in Griffin Passage, performing Limb Picking and Shore Surveys related to the recent Heli Logging on Pooley Island.
- Must hold a Small Vessel Operators Certificate or equivalent certification.
- Be physically fit and able to perform the work which involves removing debris from the water and placing it in the boat. Then transporting it to shore to be offloaded in a suitable location above the high tide mark.
- Applicants are expected to begin work at 8 am and be back in the community by 5 pm.
- Camp accommodations are available if the crew prefers to stay in Ironsides Camp on Roderick Island.
- Applicants will be briefed before work on Safe Operating procedures such as radio check-ins.
- Workers must have suitable work gear such as rain clothes, a Hard hat and sturdy shoes or boots.
- Life Jackets will be provided.
Rate of Pay:
$225 per day for an 8 hr day depending on weather, if stormy work will be extended to ensure workers get at least a week’s work.
If you wish to apply for this opportunity, please drop a typed resume or letter off with Isaiah at the Kitasoo Dev Corp office or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is July 15th, 2022 at 5 pm.
Applicants will be contacted for an interview right after the closing date as we want to be working by the third week of July.