Job Posting: SEAS Skipper EXTENDED DEADLINE!
Posted: May 30, 2017/Extended June 13, 2017
Job posting:SEAS SKIPPER
Employer: Kitasoo/Xai’xais Integrated Resources Authority
Duration of Employment and Hourly Wage: Depending on experience. Wages will be paid on a per hour basis. This posting is for the availability of full time hours with a schedule beginning Tuesday, July 4, 2017 for eight weeks.
Summary of duties: Working with the Kitasoo/Xai’xais Integrated Resources Authority, the SEAS skipper will safely navigate our vessel to various locations throughout the Kitasoo/Xai’xais territory. Extensive experience skippering vessels throughout the territory is critical. The skipper will be responsible for tracking weather, safe operation and daily cleaning of the boat, and finding safe locations to drop the crew to shore.
Responsibilities: Safe boat operations
Driving the crew from Klemtu to various locations throughout the territory
Fueling the boat
Tracking of marine weather trends
Pre-departure boat preparations
- SVOP – Small Vessel Operator’s Certificate
- ROC-M – Radio Operators Certificate – Marine
- MED A3 – Marine Emergency Duties
- Wilderness First Aid training
- Bear safety training
- Safe boat operation and the ability to make route and weather-day decisions based on marine weather forecasts and observations
- Familiarity with the waters and marine hazards of Kitasoo/Xai’xais territory
- Superior boat handling skills
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule
- Ability to read and interpret marine charts
Application: Please apply with 1) typed cover letter and 2) typed resume to Melody Robinson, Kitasoo Band Council Human Resource Officer at the Kitasoo Band Administrative Office. Applicants will be contacted for interview.
**NOTE: applications must be submitted by 12:00pm Monday, June 19, 2017**