IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Education Department Manager (School Principal)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Under the general supervision of the Kitasoo Community School Department Manager, the duties of the School Janitor/Custodian consist of keeping the school facilities and building in a clean and orderly condition and perform cleaning duties such as dusting, cleaning floors, restrooms, walls and windows, removing garbage and snow removal. It also consists of performing routine light maintenance activities and notifying the Department Manager of any need for repairs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Maintain a regular cleaning schedule for all school facilities such that all are kept in a clean healthy and safe condition;
2. Keep an inventory of all cleaning supplies and equipment and report to the Department Manager any need for re-supply or replacement;
3. Refill dispensers for paper towels, toilet tissue and hand soap;
4. Undertake light maintenance, but report to the Department Manager any requirements for major maintenance;
5. Report to the Department Manager the need for repairs to the premises, equipment, furniture and fixtures;
6. Protect and maintain school facilities and property especially in response to emergencies;
7. Report to the Department Manager all incidents of wilful or accidental damage to any School facilities or equipment;
8. Report to the Department Manager any matter that can be reasonably regarded as a posing a danger to the health and safety of the students, employees and guests;
9. Ensure that all School facilities are kept secure against any unlawful entry;
10. Cooperate to the fullest extent with all teacher/student undertakings and activities;
11. Perform other related duties relevant to the position as may be instructed by the Department Manager from time to time;
12. Adhere to the Code of Conduct as contained in the Operations Manual;
13. Follow the provisions of the Education Department/School Program internal policies and procedures and the provisions of the Operations Manual;
14. Encourage and foster a team spirit within the School and operations in general.
• Preferably Resident of Klemtu;
• Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling obligations;
• Cooperation – Job requires being pleasant with others on the job, displaying a good nature and cooperative attitude;
• Attention to Details – Job requires being careful about details and thorough in completing tasks;
• Good health necessary to do manual labour
NOTE: Criminal Records Check is required**
Submit a typed 1) Cover Letter 2) Resume to Melody Robinson, Kitasoo Band Council Human Resource Officer, at Kitasoo Band Administrative Office by Friday, August 18, 2017 by 12:00pm. Applicants will be contacted for interview.